It’s Time to Chill: National Pharmacy Week

by pharmacy on October 22, 2018

pharmacy week

Let’s give it up for the pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who make life better every day. This week on our Facebook page, we’re rounding up the ways in which pharmacy pros chill in between their busy schedules of helping customers make more informed decisions when it comes to health and medicines.

Did you know? 90% of Americans live within two miles of a community pharmacy, according to the American Pharmacists Association.

……………………

Why do you love working in a pharmacy?

By commenting below, you’ll be entered to win a custom RPh on the Go camping chair: the best seat in the house for chilling this season.

search pharmacy jobs

{ 28 comments… read them below or add one }

Christopher Pierce October 22, 2018 at 7:22 am

How do I chill? After a long day at work I like to come home and play with my animals (5 cats, 1 dog, 1 bunny). I also like to play video games, read, watch tv, or play board games with my wife.

Yadira Massari October 22, 2018 at 7:28 am

I chill by riding my bike on a bike trail for 17 miles, cooking a dinner, and reading before bedtime.

Stephanie Hoerlein October 22, 2018 at 7:34 am

After a long, busy day at work I like to change into my workout clothes and go for a brisk walk to decompress before I greet my 3 teenagers and husband. We enjoy a meal all together if no one has evening activities and then I love to listen to music and/or read to wind down.

Yashmin October 22, 2018 at 7:40 am

How I chill after a long day at work? Well I work nights so I go to sleep and dream about everything far from here. I take vacations,try new adventures and wake up fresh and ready for the day. I make my ginger tea with cinnamon raisin toast and watch my favorite tv shows.

Rick October 22, 2018 at 7:42 am

On my boat with my family fishing and enjoying the day with them!

Mahdi Cezar October 22, 2018 at 7:48 am

Relaxing in my easy chair. Listening to Doctor Radio. Watching a good Jim Carey movie while get my feet massaged.

Mustafa Kamal October 22, 2018 at 8:16 am

All the smiles I received during my work from my customers as appreciation to my service , may be for good recommended alternative or getting little copay for billing through a coupon, make me a happy ending of the day

Richelle Hufford October 22, 2018 at 8:18 am

I chill by going camping with family. It’s a way up reconnect with siblings, parents, aunts, uncles and cousins. We all come together to cook meals, entertain children, play games, etc.

Eddy October 22, 2018 at 8:48 am

My wife and I chill with Getaway Seminars. They go everywhere! Sitting on my patio watching the ocean in Jamaica right now!🏝😎

JOY STRICKLAND October 22, 2018 at 9:06 am

I like to take walks with my teenage daughter and our puppy at the park. Sometimes we go to the riverfront in my city or travel to the beach!

William Keys October 22, 2018 at 9:28 am

I always come home and play and walk with my four legged daughter, otherwise known as Koco. She can make me forget any type of day I have no matter how hard.

Kim Schmidt October 22, 2018 at 9:32 am

Vacations on the beach in the Caribbean help me to unwind. If only they were more frequent!

Gil Everett October 22, 2018 at 11:42 am

I worked my entire career in hospital pharmacies. I wanted to get out and meet the public. I have worked in hsopitals, clinics, retail pharmacies, mental health pharmacies, veterinary pharmacies and IV pharacies. I was able to do this in my current job I am glad this happened. Gil Everett

Aida I. Perez Erba October 22, 2018 at 12:19 pm

How I chill after a long day at work?
Well, right now. , by reading all those ways my colleagues do to chill. It’s very funny because I fell that I’m not alone and I’m feeling the exact way that all. So I chill sharing we my colleagues! PD: also with my family of course!

Brandon Pace October 22, 2018 at 2:51 pm

I enjoy coming home to my infant daughter and partner. Both are beautiful daughters from God. We enjoy taking walks and eating ice cream.

Joseph DePalo October 22, 2018 at 4:58 pm

I like to chill lifting weights and watching scary movies

Paul Yoder October 22, 2018 at 5:30 pm

after work I hop on my ATV and go look at my animals deer etc in the pasture & woods

May Alomari October 22, 2018 at 10:10 pm

How do I chill? I take a nap, get fully restored, then workout at the gym and lift weights. Sleeping and exercising are my go tos when I get stressed which is usually daily. With diabetes, I need 8 hours of sleep every night to regulate my metabolism. I wish the workplace – hospitals engaged us more with gyms on our lunch hour.

tyrone wheeler October 23, 2018 at 6:51 pm

I love to write. It helps to clear my mind of all the stress from the day. I am an author of 4 fiction works, 1 nonfiction story, and 1 childrens book!

kerri nichols October 25, 2018 at 2:59 am

I chill by showing my dogs, and reading. I enjoy the time spent at dog shows with my family. The friendly company of other people who will talk about animals for hours is always worth its weight in gold to me.

Bob Ladd October 25, 2018 at 7:32 am

I chill by landscaping, boating, motorcycling or spending time with family and frineds. Only a litle TV and an occasional movie. Last weekend I helped Mercy Chefs feed hurricane victims in Florida…very rewarding and eye opening!

Jada Edwards October 25, 2018 at 7:44 am

Happy Pharmacy Week everybody! I chill by hanging out with the hubs, 3 kids, 2 cats, and dog. Hobbies include reading, baking, and collecting/studying perfume!

Cynthia October 25, 2018 at 7:46 am

I decompress my running, doing yoga, enjoying a spoonful of chunky peanut butter, or spending time with my husband and our kitties.

Mahshid October 25, 2018 at 8:23 am

I wake up at 5 am every morning. Do a 15 minute meditation. Followed by 20 minute yoga. I talk with the divine power and ask her m to keep me safe throughout the day. I also ask angels to walk with me every time I get to a challenging g situation.🌹

david nkuidjeu October 25, 2018 at 8:52 am

I get up in the morning at 6AM, do my push-up and sit-up for 15 MIN. feed my cat, and getting ready for 10 hours at work. After my 10 hours work, I come home and be greeting by my cat. I feed her, watch the news and go to bed.

Dana Bowman October 25, 2018 at 8:57 am

My chilling begins as soon as I walk in and see my granddaughter’s smiling face! She’s waited all day for me to come home and just to see that sweet smile and hear her squeals of delight starts my “chilling” off right!

Todd Allen Simpson October 25, 2018 at 11:31 am

I wake up in the morning have a cup of coffee and chill and read the newspaper.

Michael Rucci October 26, 2018 at 9:08 am

I chill by attending a Getaway Seminars pharmacy CE seminar in exciting vacation destinations. Lectures are finished by 1pm, leaving plenty of time to kick back, relax, and have some fun! http://www.getawayseminars.com